PHASE 1: START-UP PHASE SELECTION OF MENTORS AND MENTEES.
- Identification and selection of mentors.
- Public call for researchers interested in participating.
- Matching of mentors and researchers according to their interests in the programme.
- Preparation: includes training sessions for mentors and mentees to facilitate the mentoring phase (maximum 4-6 hours). The training will consist of two sessions of approximately two hours each. This sessions will be recorded and made accessible for later viewing.
Until June 2023, the mentors and mentees will be selected to be part of the pilot programme. Mentors may be professionals working for business organizations or public administration (including CSIC PhD alumni) who are willing to share their knowledge and experience to help CSIC early stage researchers in their professional development.
PHASE 3: MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Evaluation of the impact of the programme by EURAXESS.
From the CSIC, resources will be contributed, doubts will be resolved and the activity will be monitored by analysing the reports of the mentees. In addition, a launch meeting will be organized at the beginning of the process in September 2023 and a closing meeting in March 2024.
Subsequently, and after a questionnaire evaluation, a focus group will be held with the mentors and mentees to identify areas for improvement in the program.
PHASE 2: MENTORING
- The pairs will meet virtually once a month.
From September 2023 to February 2024, the six remote meetings between the mentors and mentees will be held with a periodicity of approximately 20-30 days. In these meetings, the mentor will rely on the materials provided and any other resource that they consider of interest, and the mentees will complete a form enabled for this purpose on the program’s website, in which, in addition to answering the questions, they must attach a brief report on the meeting.
To prepare the relationship between mentors and mentees, a webinar or face-to-face meeting will be offered, expectedly in the first fortnight of September, dedicated to mentors and mentees, explaining the objectives of the program, available resources and calendar. It will be an opportunity to solve doubts.
PHASE 4: REDEFINITION OF THE MENTORING PROGRAMME
Based on the results obtained, an improved version will be defined and expanded to a broader group, along with a battery of updated tools and a calendar to develop the process throughout the academic year 2023-2024.